General Assistance – 815-962-8855
Amy Alexander, Data Intake – Ext. 1600 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Carlson, Manager Fiscal Operations – Ext. 2000 – email@example.com
Polly Happach, Receptionist/Coordinator – Ext. 1000 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Lind, Administrative Assistant – Ext. 2100 – email@example.com
Elizabet (Liz) Orozco, Case Manager – Ext. 1800 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Ray, Assistant Bookkeeper – Ext. 1900 – email@example.com
Kristina Robinson, Intake – Ext. 1300 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Sims, Intake/Community work – Ext. 1700 – email@example.com
Julie Swartz, Case Manager – Ext. 1400 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting – email@example.com
- What is General Assistance?
- How Do I Qualify for Assistance?
- How Do I Apply for Assistance?
- What Programs are Available?
- Eligibility Requirements
- Check List for General Assistance
- I’m a landlord with a tenant receiving assistance, when can I expect payment?
- Helpful Links
- Office Location
- A short-term safety net when between jobs or during illness.
- A financial aid program (rental assistance) for those who are not qualified for categorical assistance (state or federally funded aid).
- Applicants must meet financial and non-financial factors for eligibility as contained in the Township’s General Assistance Handbook.
- Eligibility for aid is generally based on financial income and resources available.
- In addition to being a resident of Rockford Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with the Department of Employment Security will need to be provided.
How do I Apply for Assistance?
- Bring your current Illinois Driver’s License or Identification Card and Social Security Card to pick up an application.
- Applications for General Assistance Clients may be picked up during regular business hours, daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Completed Applications must be returned in person at 8:00 am Monday thru Friday. Interviews begin at 8:00 am.
- Emergency Assistance clients should call the office at 815-962-8855 for instructions.
- General Assistance (GA) – Single or Married, no dependents in household
- Emergency Assistance (EA) – Families with children
- Senior Emergency Assistance – 65 years of age or older
- Transportation Assistance – New employment only
- In addition to being a resident of Rockford Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with the Department of Employment Security will be required.
- The applicant is not receiving General Assistance from another governmental unit.
- The applicant is without dependent children and applying as a single adult case.
- The applicant’s current available non-exempt income falls within the income guidelines.
- The applicant is able to work and actively seeking employment -or- if applicant is unable to work, a physician statement is required.
- EA eligibility is determined in the interview process.
- Checks are mailed directly to landlord’s on the Wednesday after a Town Board Meeting.
- Landlords may also opt to receive payments via ACH Direct Deposit. Direct Deposits should settle in bank accounts on the Thursday or Friday after a Town Board Meeting. Complete this form to sign up for direct deposit.
- Purchase orders (P.O.’s) returned by the 10th of the month are paid on the second board meeting of the month. P.O.’s returned by the 25th of the month, are paid on the first board meeting of the following month. Please see the Press Release page for the Regular Township Board Meetings Schedule.
303 North Main Street
Rockford, IL 61101
171 Executive Pkwy
Rockford, IL 61107
Rockford Human Services Department
612 N. Church Street
Rockford, IL 61103
303 North Main Street, Suite 600
Rockford, IL 61101
555 North Court Street, Suite 300
Rockford, IL 61103
Rockford Township General Assistance is located at 315 North Church Street, between
W. Jefferson Street and Park Avenue in Downtown Rockford. Click here for directions